Celebrate Chevy Chase DC Day September 17, 1 - 4 p.m. hosted by the Chevy Chase Citizens Association (CCCA),
We are very excited to present CCDCDAY this Saturday and the weather forecast looks promising. This is an event for our community and everything is free.
Since our last announcement, CCCA (chevychasecitizens.org) has added a great number of activities that our community should know about. CCCA arranged for a great Zydeco Band, bounce house, balloon twisting artist, face painting, caricature artist, juggler, participatory yoga for all ages, an art display by local artists, free ice cream, cupcakes, and much more.
CCCA recently added: DCDOH Pop-up vaccine clinic, Zumba Dance Class, taekwondo demonstration, Hands on Hearts demonstration, and DC Police Department expired/unwanted prescription drug safe disposal.
A new event this year is a free raffle of valuable items donated by local stores. Happy Go, for example, is donating a brand-new child’s bike (see the image below). Local retailers are also donating valuable gift certificates for wine, cupcakes, mani/pedi gift certificate, and much more. Local restaurants and stores will have tables on Connecticut Avenue and offer discounts.
Local organizations will be staffing tables on the site. DC politicians will be available to answer questions about issues affecting Chevy Chase and the District.
The CCCA Board and Officers look forward to meeting you and hope that if you are not a member yet, please sign up. Stop by our table to get your free raffle tickets.
Robert Gordon, President
Chevy Chase Citizens Association
Events and Schedule
All the festivities will be held in the outdoors with most of them occurring on the commons between the Chevy Chase Library and the Community Center. Everything is free to the public. Entertainment and events include:
· DC’s own Little Red and the Renegades as they perform their party sounds of Zydeco, New Orleans Funk & Swamp Rock.
· Chevy Chase’s own arts organization, Ch/Art, will be showing works by local artists and will be conducting a paper-bag puppet making activity.
· We will also have sidewalk chalk art for the kids in front of Artsy Beast.
· Other entertainment includes face painting, balloon twisting, juggling, and caricature drawing.
· The DC Police Department will be providing a prescription drug takeback program for expired meds.
· Pop-up vaccination clinic (inside the CCCC)
· A new event: free raffle for prizes donated by local stores.
Schedule of Events:
· Keene Taylor, Historic Walking Tour, Starts at the Avalon, 11-noon
· Little Red and the Renegades, Center Stage, 1-4PM
· Zumba Dance, NW side of the CC library, 1-1:30PM (bring sneakers)
· Chair Yoga, NW side of the CC library, 2-2:30PM
· Adult Yoga, basketball court, 1:30-2:15PM (bring a mat or towel)
· Kids Yoga, basketball court, 2:30-3:15PM (bring a mat or towel)
· Taekwondo Demonstration, 2 - 2:30PM
Ballet Elite Young Dancers, 3:15-3:45 PM
· CM Mary Cheh Speaks, Center Stage, 1:30PM
· CM Janeese Lewis George Speaks, Center Stage, 2PM
· Free Raffle for valuable prizes. Center Stage, 3:45PM
We thank our sponsors and contributors: DC DPR, ANC 3/4G, District Bridges-CC Main Street, Jon Laskin State Farm, Little Beast Bistro, Taylor Agostino Real Estate, Northwest Neighbors Village, Safeway, Lisa Resch – Compass, Historic Chevy Chase, Friends of CC Circle, Friends of the CC Library, Chevy Chase Art (Ch/Art), Avalon Theatre, Ballet Elite, Parkinson Foundation, Puzzles by Roosevelt, Core 72, Magruder’s, Wine and Organic, Happy Go Bicycle Shop, Sandy Cihlar, and more to come. Updated September 14, 2022