In 1909, a group of residents formed the Chevy Chase Citizens Association. Over the years, the CCCA has brought neighbors together and continues to be a voice for the community. In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, meetings are now held on Zoom. Notifications about all events will be provided in our newsletter and on the Chevy Chase Listserv.
We are an association of citizens living and working in Chevy Chase DC.
Our mission is to foster community and improve the quality of life in both our neighborhood and our city.
We encourage civil discourse, serve as a community resource, promote public safety, care for our environment, and support local arts, business, and culture.
To this end, we sponsor informative programs, publish a regular newsletter, maintain a resourceful web site, host social events, recognize community achievement, advocate sound policies, grant financial support, and undertake community projects.
· Partnering with District Main Streets to bring expertise and financial resources to Chevy Chase.
· Helping design the Small Area Plan for Chevy Chase that provides input in to the broader updated Comprehensive Plan.
· Sponsoring community events such as Chevy Chase DC Day, Spooktacular, and other fun experiences.
· Co-sponsoring At-large City Council candidates' forum
· Publishing a monthly Newsletter (September – May)
· Supporting a web site with useful links, latest news, Newsletter Archive, and business directory.